Introduction to Handguns
This is the perfect class for a beginner or someone wanting to learn to shoot a handgun. Spend an hour in the classroom learning safety and basic fundamentals, then move to the range for hands-on instruction where you learn to shoot a variety of firearms. Price includes ammunition, targets, firearms, eye/ear protection and range fees. The class covers:
- The elements of firearms safety
- Gun range protocol
- Handgun and ammunition components
- Loading and unloading a firearm
- Proper stance and grip
- Correct sight picture and trigger control
- Firing from a standing position
- Basic practice drills you can use later
- Cleaning your firearm
The instructor demonstrates the correct technique and then works with each student one-on-one on the proper and efficient way to safely load and shoot a handgun. The course is a live-fire course with the students doing most of the firing. One-on-one coaching is a central element of this course.
***NO COMBAT/TACTICAL HERE – WE SIMPLY TEACH YOU HOW TO SHOOT!***
* Course fee includes the use of our firearms, ammunition, targets, eye/ear protection, and range fees. If you already have a firearm, feel free to bring it – it’s a great way to focus and train on your own gun. Whether you are new to shooting or “have been shooting awhile”, this course will certainly increase your level of confidence and your handgun skills. During the class, you will have the opportunity to fire different firearm types and different calibers.
An excellent “pre-course” for those wanting to get their LTC license.
This course is primarily for adults and older teenagers. Under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The private Introduction to Handguns Classes can be scheduled Monday – Friday.
The fee for Introduction to Handguns Class:
Class for ONE $125.00 per student
Call to Book a Reservation